COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Birds, birds, and more birds in my yard!

Okay, no more DEPRESSING stories!  I did manage to get some photos of the birds in my front yard Tuesday afternoon.  I'd had a 2 hour nap that day (I had a stomach virus Monday & Tuesday), and I was anxious to at least get out in my front yard (but not too far from the bathroom!) So, I sat outside with 2 dogs and a senile cat.  (Loki must be about 19 years old now...)  I had to rearrange a couple of bird feeders and bring in the huge trash can that I've place a couple of clay pot bottoms on for the birds.  It wasn't long before I could hear the twitter and the swish of dove wings as birds appeared!

And, while I was uploading my photos, yup...the Cooper's hawk swooped down and through all the trees after the doves.  Apparently he/she didn't get anything because he/she was back yesterday afternoon, too.  I only know it was the hawk because it is bigger than any of the doves and its feathers are much darker and browner.  It moves to quickly that I often just see a blur of feathers!






2 comments:

  1. Perhaps that was a Cooper's hawk in my yard the other day then!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of birds! I see you have collared doves and mourning doves too. Those are the two species that showed up in our yard for awhile. They're gone now.

    ReplyDelete