COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Feathers

I found these feathers up at the Whitewater Canyon Preserve when the road was open Sunday and I was able to stop in the ranger station.  I was talking to one of the rangers there about their outreach programs.  I was dismayed to find that only 3 of my 30 students have EVER been to the Living Desert Reserve here in Palm Desert.  I'm sure NONE of them have been to Whitewater.  Wouldn't that be a wonderful trip for them?  It's so different up there!  It has sycamore trees, picnic tables, RESTROOMS, a ranger station, and 3 ponds full of trout!  I wish we could go, but a bus is $700.00!!!  And, we haven't fundraised this year at all.  I am going to encourage the kids to have their parents take them, but that's pretty doubtful.  And, the Living Desert?  It's over $20.00 EACH to get into the park...that won't be a happening thing....sigh...

Anyway...I digress... Here are the feathers that I saw while talking to the ranger!

1 comment:

  1. What a great find! Isn't it strange that many people seem to ignore the cool things that exist right where they live?

    ReplyDelete