Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Blackbird~Wild Bird Wednesday~030514

When I went up to the Whitewater Preserve on Sunday, I was surprised to hear a blackbird.  I, and another couple of people, followed the sound and we saw a red-winged blackbird.  I used to often hear their sound when, as a kid and young woman, my family took me to the Colorado River.  But, here in the desert, I don't see or hear them.  Since I was intrigued by the sound, I followed it and saw a male red-winged blackbird.  There were several females, too, but the male was very colorful.  As I left the preserve, he was sitting on a fence post and I was able to sneak up and take some photos of him!  Wild Bird Wednesday for March 5, 2014.   To visit WBW, please go to:  http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/


7 comments:

  1. HI Cheryl Ann That was a lovely surprise for you and you managed great shots of the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Redwing Blackbird are attractive. Especially in flight.. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice surprise for you, the first one I saw was in my friends garden, when we stayed with him in Miami.
    All the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great when they sit out in the open for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice photos of these great birds. I also like to watch the fly and give us the flashes of red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husbands first official sign of spring are the red-winged black birds. Mine is the sound of frogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, I had BOTH last weekend...blackbirds AND the sound of frogs!
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete