COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Beauties in my gardens




I have a row of flowers along the fence in the back yard (the dog run), including sunflowers and sweet peas.  The sweet peas are struggling in our hot, 90 degree weather, however.  I've only seen a few flowers on them...sigh.  But, the poppies are quite healthy and large.  Out front, I have some cosmos and a couple nasturtiums.  I have sporadic flowers, not whole swaths of them, so I have to run out and take photos of whatever is blooming that day!  I've been stopping and picking off the wild sunflower seed pods and tossing them out front, too.  I'm hoping they'll grow and bloom this summer, but who knows, with this crazy weather!  Guess I'll have to wait and see.  I mean, they grow by the freeways, so shouldn't they grow in my yard?

1 comment: