COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Smoke trees


The smoke trees aren't blooming here in the valley (yet...).  They don't usually bloom until after the palo verdes.  If I remember correctly, they bloom about May. However, I always enjoy viewing them.  When they bloom, they have tiny dark violet flowers on them (and bees).  There are some up Highway 74, in Carrizo Canyon, and at the Santa Rosa mountains visitor center, where I took these photos last weekend.  I'll take more photos of them when they are blooming.

2 comments:

  1. What do the blooms look like on those Smoke trees? Are they similar to a Smoke Bush (Cotinus)?...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what a smoke bush is, but I'll look it up.

    ReplyDelete