COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, March 1, 2014

I'm off to find a laundromat!

My goal this weekend is to find a laundromat here in town.  I bought two nearly-new sleeping bags at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago.  Something told me to pull in and take a look and VOILA!  I found them hanging with the comforters and blankets and sheets.  They were both nearly new.  I couldn't even tell they had been used.  They were marked $11.99 each, but when the cashier rang them up, they were half priced!  Can you believe it?  (Must have been my Neanderthal genes kicking in...the sixth sense ones...)  I got them both for $12.00!  And, they are the nice, polyester ones.  The problem with them is that I can't put them in my own TOP loading washer.  They have to go in a FRONT loading one.  That's because, from what I've read, the top one would agitate them too much and the filling would get all lumpy.

So, I'm off to find a laundromat.  The one I used 35 years ago, and the only one I know of, is GONE.  Poof!  Kaput.  Their place is empty.  I looked up Palm Desert laundromat and there MIGHT be one a couple of blocks away, so I'll take a look...otherwise this may be a longer than a weekend excursion!

Sue, of RV Sue and crew, wrote about HER experience at a laundromat here:

http://rvsueandcrew.net/sht-hits-the-fan-in-the-big-q/

Thank goodness I've never pulled anybody's laundry out of a dryer, but I've had it done to me once and I wasn't happy, so I'll take a book along with me and sit and wait!  Be sure to read Sue's post about her experience.

2 comments:

  1. That was a funny post on RV Sue. Sure wouldn't want to get into a skirmish at the laundromat. Good luck with getting your sleeping bags washed. I have a front loader but I still take my big bulky items to a laundromat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great deal...worth the laundromat trip!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete