I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Baja fairy duster
So, yesterday morning our daughter, granddaughter, and I spent 3 hours at the Living Desert Reserve. I had dropped my car off for a tuneup and she offered to pick me up and take me there, so off we went. The baby was good the whole time (...knock on wood...). By 9:30 (we got there at 8:00 a.m.), we let her crawl around the Discovery Room and pull out drawers of bones and feathers. She needed some "down" time!
Anyway, I was surprised to hear my daughter say she HATED Baja Fairy Dusters. Eh? I rather like them. Or, rather, I like to photograph them. They do have little thorns on them (if I remember correctly), so maybe that's why she had hers pulled out? I always enjoy their bursts of color, like these two. We had a great morning, but by 11:30, I was DRAGGING! 3 1/2 hours was enough! We headed for a French cafe in Palm Desert for some crepes and croissants! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Although they have thorns, they are beautiful!!!! I am dragging after watching our five year old!!!...:)JP
ReplyDelete