Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dirty, dirty, dirty water

I've been through a lot of storms here in the desert over the past 37 years, but this weekend's storm sent VERY dirty, muddy water through the washes.  Obviously, it is coming down from the burn areas.  I mean, this stuff was dark!  I was going to drive out to the Indian canyons (and I may do that today...), but I didn't have $8.00 in cash on me (I only had $4.00)...So I'll need to stop and get some cash.  I may go the reverse direction today...from my house to Rancho Mirage, out the freeway to the windmills, then back through Palm Springs.  I want to get some photos of the buildings there.   THEN out to the Indian canyons.  I'll pack a backpack with water and a couple of granola bars to tide me over until lunch time.

Does that sound like a PLAN?  I still haven't driven up Highway 74 to see the snow there, but I can do that this afternoon.  Oh, and a stop at Jensen's Market in Palm Springs for my lunch!

Click on the photos to enlarge and see how dark the water was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment