COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Coachella Valley grapes

There are many, many grape vineyards here in the Coachella Valley.  I pass right by a large one on my way home every day, so last week, I took my camera with me Friday afternoon and I stopped to view the grapes.  They are TEENY TINY right now!  (so adorable!)  These were right off Dillon Road, as you come down Interstate 10, near the casinos.  The road curves up toward Indio Hills and Sky Valley, but this is the south eastern part of it.  If you go beyond the Love's gas station, you'll see them.  Some of these vines are over 35 years old (from my experienced eye...looking at wine vines and comparing them to these).  These are NOT wine grapes...these are table grapes...Thompson seedless?  I'm not sure about the seedless and I guess I'll have to do some research.  Anyway, there's something peaceful about the vineyards, don't you think?  I always enjoy stopping and taking a look at them!






2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a vineyard in person...so pretty and quaint!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had no idea these were there. Very nice photos!

    ReplyDelete